Setting Up Mobile Payments
When you want to make quick payments and carry around less stuff, there’s nothing like using your phone to make mobile payments which will process on your debit or credit card. Here are details on how to set up Apple and Google Pay on your phone. You'll want to do this today!
To set up Apple Pay
- Go to your Apple Wallet
- Tap the plus sign at the top of the screen to add a card.
- Scan your INB debit or credit card with your camera or manually enter your card information. You may be prompted to enter your AppleID before scanning or entering your debit card information.
- Enter the card’s three-digit security code.
- Call us to verify it’s you. Call 1-855-541-8472.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
You can use Apple Pay with iPhone models with Touch ID, except for iPhone 5s. Because devices and procedures change, get the latest set-up instructions from Apple.
To set up Google Pay
- Download the Google Pay app.
- Open the app and follow the setup instructions. You’ll be asked to: Add your INB debit or credit card and accept the terms and conditions; Set up a screen lock on your Android device. Google Pay works with PIN, pattern, password, fingerprint or retina scanning screen locks. It won’t work with screen locks like Smart Unlock or Knock to Unlock; Call us to verify it’s you. Call 1-855-541-8472.
- If you have another in-store payment app on your phone, then make Google Pay the default payment app in your phone’s settings.
- If your Google Pay app disappeared after you open it for the first time, it may be because the app is not on your main screen. To show it again, change the Home Screen setting in your device settings.
Google Pay is supported on phones running Android Lollipop (5.0) or higher. Because devices and procedures change, get the latest set-up instructions from Google.