INB, formerly Illinois National Bank, provides personal and commercial banking products
Though founded in 1999, Jim Antonacci says you have to go back to 1986-87 to start the story of today's INB. Bank acquisitions were common then. Bigger banks were buying the smaller banks, and that included community banks like Illinois National Bank, known even back then simply as "INB." Even though a major force in Springfield from the late 1800s, INB was a small national bank. In 1988, the bank became part of a multi-bank holding company. That holding company was eventually sold to a large bank. That large bank was purchased by a larger bank in 1998. Though Jim and others were talking about starting a bank in the 80s, it wasn’t until the 1998 buyout that he and his colleagues decided it was time to start a new type of community bank.
You can read the rest of the story, here. Or watch the INB History videos below.
Our Mission Statement
Through innovative solutions, INB partners people and technology to make diversified financial services readily available within our community.
Our Vision Statement
Our job is to help our customers minimize financial pressures and live better lives.
Our Core Values
At INB, our core guiding principles drive our daily actions, promote ethical business practices, and convey the behaviors that help advance our strategic vision. Our Values lay the foundation for a work environment that encourages collaboration, facilitates innovation, and guides our strategic priorities.
- Caring: Our staff has empathy and respect for one another, customers, and the communities we serve. We find that the care we show one another in the workplace is reflected in our interactions with our customers.
- Creative: We are constantly coming up with creative solutions for customers and processes. We strive for innovation to provide better solutions for our customers.
- Teamwork: No other organization works as closely together as the INB Team. We realize that respect, cooperation, and hard work from everyone creates the best environment and result for our customers.
- Balance: At INB, our team members are our family. We help each of them to meet personal and professional goals by achieving life balance.
- Working Smart: Our team looks at each day as an opportunity to learn and be independent in our thinking.
- Assertive and Enthusiastic: We are eager and want to help everyone in our community. We reach for our goals with enthusiasm and courage.
Acquired Remittance Operations Center from National City Bank
Completed construction of INB's West Wabash branch
Opened Bloomington Loan Production office
Opened Champaign Loan Production office