When you deposit a check using Mobile Deposit our image quality software reviews the captured check image and either accepts or rejects the image. The Mobile Banking software will prompt you to rescan the image immediately if not accepted.
Once the software accepts your check it will be routed to an INB representative for additional review. The deposit will show as pending in Mobile Banking until it is approved by the INB representative, after approval it will show as accepted.
If approved by the INB representative, and the mobile deposit occurred prior to 5:00 pm, it will be considered deposited that day. Your funds will generally be available for use the following business day. If the INB representative does not approve your deposit due to an issue with the check you will be notified by email of the reason. The deposit in the mobile banking application will then show as rejected.
Mobile Deposit FAQ's
WHAT IS MOBILE DEPOSIT?
Mobile Deposit is an easy way to use a mobile phone to deposit checks into your checking, savings, or money market account. Other commonly used terms for mobile deposit are "remote deposit" or "remote deposit capture."
WHO CAN USE MOBILE DEPOSIT?
All banking customers that have valid Online Banking credentials, a Mobile Deposit eligible account (most personal or business checking or savings), and have the INB Mobile App for iPhone, Android phone, iPad or Android tablet can use the Mobile Deposit service.
While access to the Mobile App is available to all of our Online Banking customers, at this time, business online banking customers using cash management services are ineligible to use the INB Mobile Banking and the Mobile Deposit service.
WHAT TYPE OF DEVICES CAN PERFORM A MOBILE DEPOSIT?
Mobile Deposit is available in the iOS and Android apps and can be used on an iPhone, Android phone, iPad and Android tablet. See additional details of supported phones in the Mobile Banking FAQ section of this website. Your phone or tablet must also have at least a 2 megapixel camera.
IS THERE A COST TO DEPOSIT MY CHECK USING MOBILE DEPOSIT?
There is currently no cost to use Mobile Deposit, although message and data rates may apply from your carrier.
IS THERE A SET LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF CHECKS I CAN DEPOSIT?
There is not a set limit on the number of checks a customer can deposit using Mobile Deposit, but only one check can be deposited per transaction. There is a dollar amount threshold for daily deposit volume.
CAN I DEPOSIT ANY TYPE OF CHECK WITH MOBILE DEPOSIT?
Mobile Deposit can accept most check types. However, the following check types cannot be processed using Mobile Deposit:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you, or to you and another party (joint checks).
- Checks containing any alteration of which you know or believe to be fraudulent or not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks that are not in original form with an original signature, such as substitute checks or remotely created checks.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks or items on which a stop payment order has been issued or for which there are insufficient funds.
- Checks dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks issued to multiple parties, third-party checks or second-endorsed checks.
- Checks drawn against a credit card.
- Checks missing the required endorsements.
- Cash or checks payable to “Cash.”
- Money orders, government checks or travelers checks.
DO I NEED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE ENTIRE CHECK?
Customers should take a picture of the whole check. You will be prompted to take a photo of the front and the back when the app prompts you to do so.
WHAT IF I HAVE A CHECK THAT IS MORE THAN MY DAILY LIMIT?
Mobile Deposit will not allow you to deposit it if it exceeds your daily limit. You will have to request an increase by an INB representative for future deposits.
WHAT DO I DO WITH THE PHYSICAL CHECK AFTER I USE MOBILE DEPOSIT?
Once you have deposited the check successfully, you should keep the check in a safe place for 30 days. After 30 days, and after you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, destroy the check or mark it "VOID." Make sure you keep the check secured during the retention period.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER HELPFUL TIPS TO ENSURE MY MOBILE DEPOSIT IS ACCEPTED?
- Make sure the check amount entered matches the amount written.
- Verify that the back of your check is signed (endorsed) and labeled, "For Mobile Check Deposit only to account.”
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the on-screen corners when capturing your photo.
- Capture the photos in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid dark background before taking photo.
- Keep the phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photo.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your mobile deposit.