By Kelly Raison
Vice President, Retail Operations and Process Improvement Manager and Chatham Branch Manager
NMLS #: 662902
Up until now, one of my least favorite things has been helping someone move a checking account from one financial institution to INB. Why? Because it meant asking a new customer to contact their old bank, get a form from their human resource department, and contact services from utility providers to their gym. It simply meant asking someone to do a lot of work. But thanks to INB’s ongoing search to find and use the best technology, that’s changed.
INB’s newest use of technology makes switching banks super simple. When you come into an INB branch to open an account, it’ll take us less than 30 minutes to help you switch your direct deposits and automatic payments, as well as reach out to your current financial institution about the change. This service eliminates the hassle of having to contact each business and helps ensure you don’t miss a payment during your account transition. And if you don’t want to stop by the branch, you can start the process online.
Move Bill Payees, Too
If you use an online bill pay service associated with your checking account, we’ll also be glad to help you switch these payments. Simply bring your phone along when you open your new account. This will allow you to access your bill pay. We’ll look at each payee and move them into INB’s online bill pay service. If you don’t access your bill service on your phone, simply bring along a list of all your payees and account numbers, or you can log into your account from one of our computers. Either way, there’s no going it alone!
Are You Happy with How You Bank?
There’s no reason not to be totally satisfied with your banking services. INB checking accounts offer:
- Over 32,000 in-network ATMs nationwide to use for free.
- Waived ATM fees four times per month when you use an out of network ATM.
- Digital banking including a free bill pay service.
- Electronic statements and notices.
- A program that allows you to round up debit card transactions and transfer the difference into a savings account.
- The power of BaZing with local discounts and national retailer deals to save you money on shopping, dining, travel and more.1
- Our Power and Power Plus checking accounts include these additional BaZing benefits:
- Cell phone benefit 2,3 -- Receive up to $400 per claim ($800 per year) if your cell phone is broken or stolen.
- Identity Theft Assistance 2,3 -- Includes payment card benefit, $2,500 in personal identity benefit and identity theft assistance.
- Roadside assistance -- Available 24/7. Provides coverage up to $80 per event.
- $10,000 Travel accidental death coverage 3 -- Peace of mind for the unexpected.
- Pharmacy, vision and hearing savings -- Save money on prescriptions, eye exams, frames, lenses and hearing services.
Can We Talk?
Bottom line, it’s easy to switch to INB. So if you don’t like everything about your current state of banking, give me a call or shoot me an email. We can compare your current account to what we have to offer. If you prefer to apply online, start here. We’ll then provide you with the information to you’ll need to switch your direct deposits and automatic payments on your own. Either way, we promise you’ll save loads of time.
1Participating merchants on BaZing are not sponsors of the program, are subject to change without notice, may not be available in all regions and may choose to limit deals.
2Cell phone benefit and personal identity benefit are subject to additional terms and conditions.
3Insurance products are: NOT A DEPOSIT. NOT FDIC-INSURED. NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY. NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK