At INB, we’re all about the security of the data we are charged with safekeeping. Yet we know there’s much more to safety, especially when it comes to our kids. Not only do we need to stay on top of what they’re doing in the virtual world, we need to teach them very real-life safety tips. Things as basic as, “Here is a police officer. Here’s what he or she does,” can mean life or death down the road.
To help your kids learn some of the basics of safety and have some fun at the same time, INB is hosting “Play It Safe” at each of its Springfield-area branch locations. First responders will be on hand to meet your kids. They can play our prize wheel, and win tickets to the last Slider game of the season. Bring a camera! A widely popular Safety Pups will be on hand for pictures. Several locations will even be hosting a free shred event. It’s an opportunity for everyone to safely destroy confidential papers without standing over a paper shredder!
Adults can register for a chance to win a prizes. We’ll have treats and bottled water while supplies last.
Here’s when your nearby branch will host “Play it Safe.”
Time: 4 to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 26
- Montvale Branch – 2601 Chatham Road
- South 6th Street Branch – 2849 South 6th Street
- North Dirksen Parkway Branch (Includes Shred Event) – 2450 North Dirksen
Wednesday, July 27
- Pleasant Plains Branch – 106 W. Main
- Chatham Branch – 100 E. Plummer Blvd.
- Riverton Branch (Includes Shred Event) – 409 N. Seventh Street
Thursday, July 28
- Wabash Branch (Includes Shred Event) – 3150 W. Wabash
- Mt. Pulaski Branch – 205 East Jefferson