By Pam Cain
AVP, Peoria Branch Manager
NMLS # 662881
The average cost of a smartphone is $567 according to Statista, an online portal for market date. So it’s nice to know you could be covered for $400 of that expense if you’re an INB Power or Power Plus checking account customer. These checking accounts offer all the BaZing benefits, including reimbursement for the cost of replacing your broken or stolen cell phones twice a year if you pay for your cell phone using your INB checking account.
Previously, an eligible account holder could get up to $200 per claim if their cell phone was broken or stolen. Now the benefit is $400.
To use this benefit, you must pay your cell phone bill using your INB Power or Power Plus checking account. Also note:
- Protection begins the first day of the calendar month following the payment of your cell phone bill using the eligible INB checking account associated with your BaZing membership. If you fail to make a cell phone bill payment in a particular month, your protection is suspended. Coverage is reinstated the first of the month following the phone bill payment.
- Coverage is for the primary cell phone and up to two secondary phones listed on the cellular billing statement.
- You will be assessed a $50 co-payment per claim which BaZing will deduct from your reimbursement.
- You can make two claims per 12-month period and will be reimbursed a maximum benefit of $400 per claim and $800 per 12-month period.
- Only cellular phones purchased by INB Power and Power Plus checking account holders are eligible.
- Specific exclusions include pre-paid or “pay-as-you-go” phones, cosmetic damage that does not impact the phone’s ability to make or receive calls, damage resulting from abuse or normal wear and tear, phones not purchased from a cellular service provider retail store or authorized reseller or internet store.
Making a Claim
Since BaZing’s cell phone benefit is an insurance plan, you submit a claim when you need to use the coverage.
To submit a claim, notify BaZing by calling 855-822-9464 within 60 days of the phone being stolen or damaged. Or, simply download a claim form at BaZing.com. Be sure to completely fill out the form and provide all required documentation. Documentation includes*:
- A copy of your checking account statement reflecting your cell phone payment.
- A copy of your cell phone bill reflecting this payment.
- A receipt for the repair or for the purchase of your replacement phone. If the phone is damaged, you must attempt to have it repaired first.
- If the phone can’t be repaired, submit signed documentation from a certified repair facility that the damaged phone could not be repaired.
- A copy of a police report if the phone was stolen.
*For a complete description of the required documentation, visit the “Protection” category of BaZing.com.