By Marilyn Titone Schaefer
AVP, Communications Director
To help assure we’re able to bring you the best in online banking in as little time as possible, we will be moving to a new online banking service provider Tuesday, Oct. 17. When we launch the new service, you’ll immediately see some features not currently available through today’s online banking service. These features give you the ability to:
- turn your debit card on and off
- deposit checks into your savings account using mobile deposit
- access to additional months of account statements and your 2017 tax forms when they are available
- see a running balance of your pending transactions
- easily attach and receive sensitive documents in our secure message center
- view deposit slips and deposited checks
- send secure messages through the mobile app
- easily send money to or receive money from an account outside of INB
- connect to MoneyPass ATM locations right from your INB mobile app
- add a note or attach a file with each transaction you make
What Will Be Different
Giving you these new features means some things you are used to will change. These include:
- A security feature called “Out Of Band Authentication,” or OOBA, requires you to provide a mobile device or landline phone number to identify you if you log in from a device or browser you haven’t previously used or “remembered.” You may also download the Duo Mobile app, which provides which provides an alternative way to authenticate if you choose to not use a phone call or text message. You do not have to set up Duo Mobile during your initial set-up on our new app; you may add it at any time.
- Bill Pay is now under the heading of Money Movement.
- If you use our Bill Pay service, you’ve likely noticed we send physical checks to some of your payees. Today, we deduct the amount of the check from your account when we send the check. With our new service, the amount won’t be deducted from your account until the payee deposits the check and it’s processed through their bank. This change means you won’t see the check amount deducted from your account until later in the payment process. To assure you have the funds when the check is presented, we advise using your check register to maintain an accurate balance and avoid overdraft charges.
- Finance Works is now Personal Budget Manager. With Personal Budget Manager, you can set budgets, track spending, create and track goals, and monitor net worth just as you could in Finance Works.
- If you have an Apple iPhone and your device is set for automatic updates, the INB app will update automatically. If you don’t get automatic updates, you will be prompted to update your app. Android and iPad users will need to delete our old app and download the new one.
- Your text and email alerts will convert to our new system. Push notifications within mobile banking will not covert. We encourage you to sign up for these alerts once we roll out the new online banking service.
- If you use Touch ID on an Android phone to access your online banking account, the functionality will not work when we initially launch the new site. Touch ID will be available for Apple phones immediately.
What Online Banking Users Can Do Before Oct. 17
The INB staff has been working for months to assure a smooth transition to our new online banking service. In addition to new features available Oct. 17, you should know:
- When you log into your account for the first time after Oct. 17, you will need to know your username. If you don’t remember this information, log into your INB account and go into your settings. In the settings, you’ll find your username displayed.
If you have trouble accessing your username, please contact our Customer Care Center at 217-747-5500 or toll free 877-771-2316.
- At least 12 months of Bill Pay history will transfer to our new online banking service as a text file. If you would like to save your bill pay history as a csv file, you will need to go into your account before Oct. 17 and download the history. You can download the history from our online system, not from your mobile device. Once online, take these steps:
- Go Bill Pay.
- Choose the payee whose history you wish to save.
- Click on “Options” under the payee’ name. The word “History” will now display next to “Options.”
- Click “History.”
- You will see two years’ worth of history displayed. If you’d like to change the date field, use the drop down next to the dates you see displayed.
- Click “Download” found on the upper right side of the screen.
You may want to do this as close to Oct. 17 as possible to assure you download all the data.
- As part of the transition, you will not be able to schedule Bill Pay payments from our current system after 4 p.m. on Oct. 12.
To ensure you make your payments on time, you can schedule them in advance of 4 p.m. on Oct. 12 for any date in the future. For example, if you’d like to make a payment on Oct. 16, schedule it prior to 4 p.m. on Oct. 12 to pay on Oct. 16. Any prescheduled payments or reoccurring payments will go through as usual.
If you prefer not to use Bill Pay during this time, you can mail a check to make your payment or use the vendor’s bill payment service.
- You will not be able to make transfers from one INB account to another after 4 p.m. Oct. 12. As with Bill Pay, you can schedule transfers before Oct. 12 and we will be able to make the transfers.
Questions You Might Have
I like my online banking! Why is INB making this change?
We like our current service as well. By moving to a service run by our core bank processor, we will more easily be able to implement future enhancements. When updates are available, we’ll only need to work with our core provider and not both our core provider and our online banking service. Additionally, the new service brings us an immediate upgrade by allowing you to now lock and unlock your debit card and access tax forms.
Will the new app look different?
We wanted to make the new app distinctively different so you would know you have the updated app. The new app is predominantly dark, dark blue . . . almost black. But you’re sure to recognize our logo.
I don’t know my username. Help!
If you don’t remember this information, log into your INB account f and click on your settings. In the settings, you’ll find your username displayed.
If you have trouble accessing your username, please contact our Customer Care Center at 217-747-5500 or 1–877-771-2316.
How do I make payments due during the online bill pay blackout dates of 4 p.m. Oct. 12 to 9 a.m. Oct 17?
While none of the following options is ideal, remember when you had to put all your checks in an envelope and mail them? Thanks to bill pay services, we’ve grown accustomed to hitting a few buttons and zapping our payment through the electronic world. And we’ll have you back there in no time at all. But if you have payments due during the blackout date, we have to ask you to use one of these options to make your payment:
- Schedule the payment in advance of the blackout dates. The payment date can be any date in the future, including the blackout dates. It just must be pre-scheduled. For example, on Oct. 10 you can schedule a payment for Oct. 14.
- You can pay by check.
- You can use the vendor’s bill payment service if available.
After Oct. 17, we’ll have a special 800# and chat feature to help you with individual Bill Pay questions.
What happens to all the payees I have set up on bill pay? Will I need to reenter these?
No! All payees will transfer over.
What about my bill pay history? Will that be lost?
No again! Your history will come over in a text file. Moving forward, the content will begin to be available as a CSV or Excel file. If you want your history from our current vendor as a CSV or Excel file, you need to download it before the conversion on Oct. 17. You may want to wait until close to the conversion date to assure you capture all of your history.
Will my Finance Works data convert to Personal Budget Manager?
No, the data will not be converted. Our new Personal Budget Manager will provide great functionality, and we hope you’ll give it a try.
Some of my merchants provide me their bill each month within Bill Pay. Will this feature, called bill presentment, still be available?
Yes, but because we don’t have access to your accounts with these merchants, you will need to reestablish a relationship with them and our new Bill Pay service.
What are your Customer Care Service hours?
Our expanded staff will be available until 8 p.m. CST Tuesday, Oct. 17 to assist you. We will then have extended hours from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday beginning Oct. 18. Saturday hours will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Once we’re sure everyone is set up and using the new service, we’ll go back to our regular hours.
After Oct. 17 and you are logged into the new system but having problems with Bill Pay, you can contact our special Bill Pay number 1-844-836-6665. We will have Bill Pay help available 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. CST going forward. A chat feature will also be available.